Contrary to popular belief, moving is not the only reason people rent a storage unit. The management team from Mars Mega Storage, is a full service personal and commercial storage facility in Paso Robles has identified several other leading reasons including:
- Needing someplace to store unused items, uncluttering and downsizing
- Storing household items during a remodel
- Storing family heirlooms
- Cleaning out the old family home or a hoarder’s home
- Storing business and commercial related tools, equipment, materials and inventory
Someplace to store unused items
Families frequently find themselves in the situation of needing more space, cleaning out the garage or even moving to a smaller home and needing to downsize. A storage unit can provide a place to store items:
- You are keeping either for sentimental reasons or for future use
- That are being sold, given away or donated
- Temporarily where they can be sorted through and you can decide what to do with them
Storing household items during a remodel
Remodeling can be a headache even though the end result is a fresh, upgraded home. Renting a storage unit to store furniture and seldom used items such as seasonal décor, seasonal clothing, kitchen items and toys reduces clutter and eliminates the need to move items from room-to-room while closets are being enlarged, walls are moved, cabinets and counters replaced or a new floor is being installed.
Storing business related tools, equipment and inventory
Just about every business in Paso Robles can use extra commercial storage space:
- Landscapers, electricians, plumbers and carpenters often need extra space for storing tools and equipment
- Small retail businesses can benefit from enough storage to take advantage of quantity purchases and to store inventory until it is sold
- Small businesses and home-based businesses often need extra storage space for materials and supplies
Having enough storage space makes it possible for small businesses to purchase materials, tools, parts and inventories in quantities that can increase potential profit, make better use of time and limited space in the office or store.
Storing family heirlooms
A storage unit is a safe and secure place to store family heirlooms and collectibles while decisions are being made about their final placement.
Storage is also a safe place to keep important files like tax records.
Cleaning out the old family home or a hoarder’s home
A storage unit is the perfect place to keep possessions after a beloved family member has died, or parents are downsizing for retirement. The role of a storage unit when clearing out a hoarder’s home can provide a sense of security knowing treasured possessions are in a safe place.
In all of these cases, the clearing out process is much less stressful because decisions about keeping favorite things that have a lot of memories can be postponed to a better time for making decisions.
Choosing a storage facility
Along with the reasons for needing extra storage other important factors when choosing a storage facility include:
- Easy access
- High security
- A variety of storage units
From home-based businesses to brick and mortar; the bottom-line benefits of a Paso Robles personal and commercial storage unit include:
- Easy access from Highway 101, and fully paved easy in and out access to storage units.
- State-of-the-art security that includes an on-site manager, 17 ft high steel perimeter walls, 24/7 coded gate access, infrared cameras and laser beams, extensive security lighting, high visibility lighting, fire hydrants on site and fire and burglar alarms in each unit.
- Storage units ranging in size from mini storage units starting at 5 feet by 5 feet, to units between 12 and 14.5 feet wide from 25 feet to 60 feet long. Boat and RV storage with a choice of indoor or covered units, fully-supplied wash racks and dump stations.
- Additional amenities include an on-site conference room (including complimentary snacks) and restrooms.